Our team seeks a Content Marketer to help shape the voice of our company across email, blog, co-branded partnership content and social. You’ll be joining a small, nimble team with a big appetite to test and learn while making real impact. Our mission is to empower more people to live the American dream and help small businesses not only survive, but thrive.
We’re looking for someone who can tell the colorful stories of our small business customers across several channels. We need someone who loves wordsmithing a sentence as much as they love brainstorming content strategies. We’re a small, outcome-driven team, which means you’ll need to track your impact by measuring KPIs and participating in content testing. Organization, commitment to excellence and a good attitude are key. This position is based in San Francisco, Calif., and reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Write and edit 2-3 blog posts each week.
- Assist in creation of case studies, marketing video scripts and one pagers.
- Write and edit 2-3 emails each week.
- Keep editorial calendar up-to-date and socialize results.
- Pitch editorial content and ghostwrite for staff, guests and partners.
- Participate in regular content testing meeting.
- Track weekly KPIs and prepare as-needed reports.
- Manage day-to-day of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts.
- Collaborate with design and development teams to explore and execute new types of content including infographics, interactive quizzes, playbooks, etc.
- Draft landing page content and some web content.
- Identify and quickly mobilize around moments of opportunity.
- Work directly with customers to tell their story digitally.
- 3-5 years of experience in content development, social media and/or digital marketing.
- Self-motivated and curious. You want to make a difference.
- Passionate storyteller.
- Proven experience tracking email, social and web metrics and socializing with a larger group. You love data almost as much as you love the written word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Typos keep you up at night.
- Experience in SMB storytelling a plus.
- Managing content for online advertising a plus.
BusinessBlocks creates online education designed specifically for small businesses. We are revolutionizing business education with our courses in marketing, finance and HR, which offer practical curriculum, modern tools and world-class business coaching so that SMBs can launch, manage and grow.