Join our inspiring team of small business advocates.
Careers at BusinessBlocks
Join as an early team member of BusinessBlocks - an education company for small businesses. Small businesses are the engine of job growth and the cornerstone of the middle class. Too often those businesses fail because they lack practical business education. Our mission is to empower main street to live their American Dream.
We are looking for a full-time, in-house full stack developer. This role is ideal for a developer who wants to work on a wide range of projects, who like technical challenges, and wants to make a difference in the world while at work. This is a position for someone who wants to work hard and be part of a small team so developer will need to be technically experienced, self-sufficient, and self-motivated.Read More
Responsibilities will include expanding our consumer-facing Resource Center, Learning Management System, and Content Management System. You will also play a critical role in our marketing efforts with CRM, email, marketing automation, payments and analytics initiatives. Our technology reaches customers around the country and world and as such is required to be scalable, accessible across devices (especially mobile), and reliable.
- Database Management (MySQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- Expert level knowledge of WordPress and custom plugins
- Experience with HubSpot, Salesforce, and other CRM-related integration
- Responsive web development and mobile experience
- Experience with CMS and eCommerce solutions Shopify, Stripe, Magento, etc.
- Marketing automation and email development (HubSpot, MailChimp)
- Solid working knowledge of LAMP Stack, AWS, Docker
- Implementation of Google Webmaster Tools, Analytics, and Tag Manager
- Java, Python, Ruby
- .Net systems, C#
We are looking for a full-time, in-house marketing director. This role is ideal for a marketer who is seeking a broad set of professional experiences ranging from strategic to technical with significant resources to support their initiatives. This is a position for someone who wants to work hard and be part of a small team so marketer will need to be experienced, self-sufficient, and self-motivated.Read More
- Brand position – Lead brand development efforts including shaping brand voice, values and aesthetic
- Market and competitive analysis – BusinessBlocks has access to hundreds of thousands of small businesses and the marketer must research and strategically analyze opportunities based on market and competitive dynamics
- Develop pricing and business models – BusinessBlocks requires a highly analytical approach to revenue strategy and development
- Channel strategy – Based on market and competitive analysis, define strategic channels including industry associations, vendors, government organizations, tradeshows and media outlets
- Execute digital, television/radio/print and live-event paid marketing campaigns
- Engage in extensive customer engagement through marketing automation, webinars, newsletter and social media, SEO
- Define and develop new features though extensive customer interviews and analysis
- Extremely strong copywriter with passion for storytelling
- Comfortable public speaker
- Capable excel modeler and PowerPoint creator
- Experience working with engineers to define web and mobile product features
- Working knowledge of HubSpot
- 5+ years experience
Business Development Manager
We are looking for a full-time business development manager. This role is ideal for a professional who is seeking a broad set of business development, sales and marketing opportunities including identifying, negotiating, forming and executing strategic and revenue generating activities. Target opportunities will be focused on national organizations and may include a variety of deal structures: new business development, lead generation opportunities, revenue sharing/referral initiatives, content partnerships, etc. This is a position for someone who wants to work hard and be part of a small team so professional will need to be experienced, self-sufficient, and self-motivated.Read More
- Develop pipeline of strategic partners for industry groups, government agencies and small business vendors
- Craft new business development revenue streams, including membership product
- Work with product developers to identify and negotiate content partnerships
- Manage ad-hoc partnerships, including strategic TV/media opportunities
- Work with internal and external parties for agreement and documentation/contract review
- BSBA in marketing or business from an accredited university
- 5+ years of small business or insurance specific business development and marketing. Affinity experience preferred
- Familiar with B2B2C or B2B2B distribution channels
- Able to work independently and work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, responsible, proactive take ownership approach
- Hard-working team player, enthusiastic
- Strong MS Office knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
BusinessBlocks is a mission-driven company in San Francisco. We emphasize collaboration, communication, passion, and work ethic as core values. BusinessBlocks offers competitive salary and benefits. BusinessBlocks is an Equal-Opportunity-Employer and believes in the value of a diverse workplace.
Do you love helping small business?
Get paid to pursue your passion. Please send a link to or pdf of your resume to email@example.com to inquire about a career at BusinessBlocks.