Keep Your Projects on Track with Trello
Ever have that feeling that comes when you have a hundred things on your plate to do and only a short amount of time to do them? We get it, time management is tough. Small business owners have 101 things to do on any give day. They could use an easy way to organize all of their tasks, and a tool powerful enough to keep their team in the loop. That’s where Trello comes in.
What if you had a one-stop tool for organizing all the projects in your life, big and small? What if you could manage your time and projects so effectively that you had time to take on things that could help your business in the long-term?
Let’s make the question even simpler. Wouldn’t it be nice not to be overwhelmed? That’s where Trello can help! Trello is basically digital post-its with a lot more power. It’s great because you can use it as a 1-stop shop for managing any of the projects at your business.
Why Can Trello Do for Your Business?
There are 3 main reasons why you should use Trello.
- Trello takes your calendar to the next level. What do you do about important projects that don’t necessarily have a fixed deadline? For example, how do you make sure you’re doing competitor research, or checking in with customers? Just because something isn’t on your calendar doesn’t mean it isn’t important. Project managements tools like Trello help you manage the important facets of your business in a way that calendars, email, and even your own brain can’t. Trello catches everything that might slip through the cracks.
- Trello saves you time. Because Trello provides a space for you and your team to send updates, it can free up time previously used for meetings—time that can be used to focus on growing your business.
- Finally, Trello serves as dashboard that you and your team can use to execute on projects as a team. It works like a digital bulletin board. So with Trello, you won’t need to head into the office to see what you and your team need to accomplish. Trello gives you a quick, easy-to-read overview of what your team is working on. You’ll have access to all of your business activities in one place.
Why You Need Trello
- Trello improves the efficiency of your projects frees up more time for you, which you can use to focus on improving your bottom line.
- Trello is a digital bulletin board for all of your business activities–it helps you organize projects, communicate with your team, and track progress.
- Trello is flexible and adapts to the way work. You can use it for simple checklists or to define multi-step projects.
For example, let’s say you own a bicycle shop and need to track a bike as it makes its way through the repair process. Create a simple three-step process to move bike repairs through a 1) intake 2) repair and 3) customer pickup workflow.
- Review your Trello board at the end of every week to celebrate wins, identify areas of improvement, and calibrate your goals for the next week.
The best part is that the basic Trello application is free. If you’d like access to customizing images for your boards, and uploading larger files to cards, then you can upgrade to Trello Gold for $5 per month. We recommend using the free account until you find you need more advanced features.