Schedule Meetings Like a Boss with Calendly
- Small business owners have a lot of meetings, and they need an easy way to schedule all of their conversations.
- Calendly is a free online scheduling tool that coordinates your availability with others
- Connect your Google Calendar to the site and Calendly will know when you have events marked as busy.
- Use extra features such as the questionnaire to collect information from your invitees during the scheduling process.
If you’re like most small business owners, you probably have very little free time. In addition to managing the day-to-day operations of your business, you have to meet with accountants, vendors, and most importantly, with clients and customers. And hopefully you’re also networking (which we discussed in our blog post here), which means you have an additional set of meetings with potential partners. Trying to fit all of these meetings into your schedule might seem impossible.
What’s worst is that when you try to coordinate multiple meetings at the same time, you may encounter scheduling conflicts. This could make you look unprofessional, especially if you’re trying to book meetings with customers or potential investors. That’s why Calendly is here to save your scheduling woes!
What is Calendly?
Calendly is an online scheduling tool that coordinates your availability with others. You can connect your Google Calendar to the site and Calendly will know when you have events marked as busy. Then you can share a link to your Calendly page and your invitees can schedule their own appointments with you, working around those busy/unavailable times.
As you can see in the above image, Calendly is perfect for scheduling one-on-one meetings with everyone on your team. Are quarterly reviews coming up? Are you struggling to find time to fit in meetings with everyone on your staff? Just create a Calendly event, send your team the link, and you’re done! It’s also a great way to send a follow-up after a networking event, where you met dozens of new people.
How do I use Calendly?
It’s quite simple to get started with Calendly, and the best part is that it’s also FREE! Follow these steps to set up your first Calendly event:
- Create an account at www.calendly.com: If applicable, make sure to sign up with the email account you already use to schedule events into your calendar. Calendly will actually pull events from your calendar, and automatically block those out from your Calendly event to avoid any schedule conflicts.
- Select a pricing option: There are three levels of membership: Basic, Premium, and Pro. The main difference is that the Premium and Pro options allow an unlimited number of event types. This means you can create one Calendly event called “One-on-One Meetings” and another Calendly event called “Lunch Meetings.” The good news is that you can start a 14-day free trial of all memberships.
- Create an event type: The event types refer to the type of meetings you are scheduling. For example, if you want to schedule coffee chats with a few partners that you met at a networking event, you might name your Calendly event “Coffee Chats.” For your meetings, you can ask invitees to schedule a 15, 30, 45 or 60 minute session.
- Set up scheduling options: This is where you set up the range for when these meetings will take place. Using the calendar option, select the first possible date when you’d like meetings to be scheduled and the select the last possible date for meetings to be scheduled.
- Set up extra features: If you’d like to collection additional information from your invitees, you can add questions to the Calendly event. For example, if you’re asking potential clients to sign-up for a demo, then you can ask them to write down their phone numbers as part of the scheduling process. You can also set up email notifications so that your invitees get reminders leading up to the meeting.
- Share: Now that you are done, you are ready to share your Calendly event with others. Simple copy and paste the url, or use the email feature to send it directly to your designated invitees.
In some ways, Calendly is like your personal assistant for scheduling. Why not automate all the work, and make it easier (and cheaper) for yourself and your business? You’ll save so much time because you’ll stop the back-and-forth emails where you try to find blocks of time on everyone’s calendar.